GOOD SAMARITAN HAVEN
Urgent Needs for Fall
Donations of specific items needed will be listed as they arise.
Food & Prepared Meals for Shelter Guests
Donations of food and prepared meals help us serve and sustain our guests. For more information, please contact
our Food Coordinator, Pat Paola, at (802) 479-2294 or [email protected].
Helpful Gear for Unsheltered Central Vermonters Living Outside in Fall
In fall, many unsheltered folks will be camping in the woods and sleeping in open, public spaces. You can help to ensure that they have the appropriate gear, clothing, and accessories to withstand the unpredictable Vermont fall weather (warm days and cold nights and often heavy rain) and other difficulties that come with living outside.
If you can provide any of the items listed below please contact our Street Outreach Coordinator, Dawn Little, at
[email protected]. or our Health and Safety Officer, Amelia Klein, at [email protected].
Fall Clothing Needed:
- Winter jackets for both men and women (size large and above)
- Wool socks for both men and women
Fall Gear Needed:
- Tents (3- to 6-man-tents ideal, but all sizes helpful)
- Lightweight folding cots (for older folks and those with back issues)
- Sleeping bags (zero rated preferred)
Electronic & Other Items Needed:
- Hand warmers
- Battery operated radios (can help fight depression and help folks preserve their phone battery life for emergencies)
- AA batteries
- Small flashlights
Other Useful Items for our Shelter Guests
To donate the items below, please contact one of our shelter managers (Mark LaRouche or Barbara Jenne), at (802) 479-2294 or email
- Warm footwear/boots
- Bath towels
- Feminine hygiene products
- Paper products
- Cleaning supplies
- Laundry pods
- Gift cards to local stores like Walmart, Dollar Tree, Walgreens, Dunkin’ Donuts, and McDonalds
Items we Cannot Accept at this Time:
- Everyday clothing