This position is part of Vermont Housing & Conservation Board AmeriCorps (VHCB AmeriCorps). The VHCB AmeriCorps program supports the innovative dual-goal approach to creating stable affordable housing opportunities for Vermont residents while preserving the natural and working landscape. VHCB AmeriCorps is a national service program that places members with non-profit housing or land and energy conservation organizations around the state.
Good Samaritan Haven’s mission is to provide emergency shelter and support services, and offers stability, safety and hope for people experiencing homelessness.
The goal of this position is to assist shelter guests to more fully access our system of services and other resources in the community.
- Meet, listen to and get to know individuals that use our shelter services.
- Support guests with applications for housing and employment. Provide resource support and referrals.
- Interface with other service providers to lower barriers to access; have knowledge of different services available in the community.
- Perform shelter support functions including answering phones and doors, conducting tours, orienting new guests.
- Participate in an Independent Service Project under the guidance of VHCB AmeriCorps
- Participate in all VHCB AmeriCorps Trainings, Service Days, Events, and Program Initiatives.
- Engage in professional and personal development activities and networking opportunities.
Position begins October 30th, 2023 and ends August 30th, 2024.