The housing Coordinator will be focused on providing holistic case management to assist adults with histories of chronic homelessness, serious psychiatric disabilities, and co-occurring substance use disorders to overcome barriers to housing. The candidate shall also work closely with the Outreach Coordinator to proactively engage clients who are regularly outdoors to provide out-of-the-box methods of reaching clients who have been historically living on the street to connect with services that may provide short-term comfort or access to services that may ultimately assist in obtaining housing.
Provide respectful engagement with adults that may suffer from serious mental illness and/or substance abuse issues to support each client’s goals by connecting them to services and/or programs that will assist them to foster self-reliance and overcome barriers to safe and affordable housing. A strong emphasis on collaborating with community partners to provide ongoing support, encouragement, and engagement to achieve housing. This is a temporary position that is anticipated to last approximately through the end of 2021.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality and practice ethical case management
- Assist with clients to complete housing applications by ensuring the application has all appropriate verification and documentation that is pertinent to each case
- Obtain Releases of Information and supporting documentation to scan to Housing Authorities and/or community partners
- Support clients by assisting with apartment searches both online and through newspapers, bulletin boards, and general networking
- Connect clients with various programs to achieve self-sufficiency or normalcy by establishing trust and setting goals to complete tasks
- Contact landlords to establish and develop a meaningful relationship to provide a bridge between the shelter and stable housing
- Attend weekly meetings with local partners and coordinate team meetings with others working with our clients
- Regularly check-in or meet with the Outreach Coordinator to discuss cases and to maintain a clear understanding of street culture to coordinate plans to provide ways to connect clients with services (EBT, Phone service) to enhance stability
- Assist client to schedule rides for appointments for continued medical and mental health wellness
- Participate in monthly check-ins and supervisory sessions with Supervisor to review the work, discuss assistance needed and identify priorities
- Participate in weekly team meeting to update team leaders and coordinate services
- Coordinate with outside inpatient services or recovery centers to establish linkage to ongoing self-help programs or recovery coaching
- Maintain case notes and promptly file in client’s records
- Perform other related work as directed i.e., administrative tasks, scanning, copying, scheduling, and regular communication with both clients and team members.
Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. Salary range $36,000 – $38,000 with benefits.
Good Samaritan Haven is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to strengthen our organization by encouraging candidates from various backgrounds and experiences.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]