Salary Range: $16 per hour
Location: Barre, VT
Position Type: Part-time (10-20 hrs/week)
Reports To: Shelter Manager
Position Overview: The Evening Coordinator assists in the supervision and support of guests, completes new intakes, and supports the Shelter Manager in operations as needed. The Evening Coordinator is a part-time position with the opportunity for flexible evening and weekend shifts. Ability to work some weekends is required. Evening shifts are 4:00 - 10:00pm.
- Responsible for opening the Good Samaritan Haven (GSH) at 6:30pm for guests to enter.
- Provide supervision to new and returning guests, and volunteer(s).
- Complete all necessary intake forms for new guests.
- Make recommendations to the Shelter Manager regarding enforcement of organization rules and policies.
- Ensure guests maintain and perform cleaning (dishes, picking up after dinner, cleaning dorms, etc) of the shelter, their dorm and their individual beds.
- Oversee evening meal set up and clean-up.
- Maintain accurate log and case notes regarding interactions with guests, including but not limited to, names and circumstances of interaction.
- Ensure all guests are checked in by 9:00pm.
- Complete regular dorm and bunk checks.
- Support case managers in providing the following services: intake, coordinated screening assessment, benefit assessment, goal setting, developing long and short term goals with clients, progress monitoring, advocacy and referrals, and Self Sufficiency Outcome Matrix (SSOM) on entry and as required.
- Establish and maintain clear and ethical boundaries with guests.
- Assess guest needs and make appropriate community partner referral ie: WCMH services, Department of Labor, Peoples Health and Wellness or Capstone.
- Know the duties and responsibilities of this job, the rules and policies for guests, and maintain confidentiality.
- Represent GSH in a positive and professional manner. This includes, but is not limited to, clean and neat appearance, knowledgeable and authoritative relationship with clients, and avoidance of any personal relationships with clients that call into question the ability to discharge duties in an impartial and fair manner.
Education and Experience Desired
- Bachelor's degree preferred in fields of Human Services.
- Minimum 2 years human service experience preferred for candidates without a degree.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to be caring and compassionate
- Ethical and possessing personal integrity
- Possess strong human relations skills
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform word processing and data entry
- Ability to rapidly assess and evaluate situations
- Ability to be diplomatic and persuasive
- Ability to multitask and manage time.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Due to the nature of the work environment, it is required that all staff members perform duties beyond their job description, such as, but not limited to, answering phones, taking messages, helping other employees with organizing community events and assisting regardless of the program.
Good Samaritan Haven is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to strengthen our organization by encouraging candidates from various backgrounds and experiences.
To apply: [email protected]